What is Art Deco?
Art Deco is a prominent design style that emerged in the 1920s and 1930s. It is characterized by its bold geometric shapes, luxurious materials, and intricate craftsmanship. Art Deco influenced various fields such as architecture, interior design, fashion, and visual arts. This iconic style continues to captivate people with its timeless elegance and glamour.
Why is Art Deco Still Relevant?
Despite being nearly a century old, Art Deco remains a significant influence in the world of design. Its distinctive aesthetic continues to inspire contemporary artists, architects, and designers. The symmetrical patterns, sleek lines, and opulent details of Art Deco have a timeless appeal that transcends trends. In 2023, we can expect to see a resurgence of this iconic style in various creative industries.
Art Deco Trends for 2023
1. Geometric Patterns: Art Deco is renowned for its use of geometric shapes, such as chevrons, sunbursts, and zigzags. In 2023, we anticipate a revival of these bold patterns in interior design, fashion, and graphic design. Expect to see geometric motifs adorning wallpapers, textiles, and accessories.
2. Luxurious Materials: Art Deco embraces luxury and opulence. In the coming year, we can expect a resurgence of rich materials like marble, brass, velvet, and lacquered wood. These sumptuous materials will be incorporated into furniture, lighting fixtures, and decorative objects.
3. Streamlined Silhouettes: Art Deco is known for its sleek and streamlined silhouettes. In 2023, we will witness a return to these elegant forms in furniture design and architecture. Clean lines, smooth curves, and a sense of symmetry will dominate the aesthetic landscape.
4. Metallic Accents: Art Deco celebrates the allure of metallic finishes. In the upcoming year, expect to see an abundance of gold, silver, and bronze accents in interior design and jewelry. These metallic touches add a touch of glamour and sophistication to any space or ensemble.
5. Bold Color Palettes: Art Deco embraces bold and vibrant color schemes. In 2023, we can anticipate a resurgence of rich jewel tones like emerald green, sapphire blue, and ruby red. These striking hues will be used to create dramatic focal points in interiors and fashion.
The Timeless Allure of Art Deco
Art Deco's enduring popularity can be attributed to its ability to seamlessly blend the past and the future. Its fusion of traditional craftsmanship with modern materials and forms creates a captivating visual language. As we enter 2023, the world of design will continue to draw inspiration from the elegance and sophistication of Art Deco, ensuring its legacy lives on for generations to come.
Art Deco Kitchen
At the top of kitchen interior must-haves right now is art deco styling. It was inspired by hollywood glamour, cubist painters like Picasso, and the art nouveau movement when it rose to prominence in the 1920s.
Rejecting pastels and delicacy, this home decor trend favours geometric shapes, shining precious metals, and a black and white palette punctuated by rich colour (mustard yellow, raspberry, teal, jade, emerald green, and navy). The bigger and bolder, the better. Think opulent chandeliers, mirrored accents, and angular lines.
Whether you’re paying homage to art deco with a floor to ceiling makeover, or you just want to feature a couple of choice pieces that hint at the decadent style, we have the perfect art prints to compliment your kitchen. Our collection of black and white photography in particular will make a statement as your wall decor, whilst blending in enough to not draw too much attention away from your coloured accents.
Your kitchen island’s scalloped bar stools will look perfect against a series of black and white framed prints. Even an ornamental golden or copper drinks trolley will look beautiful with a leaning art print.